Thursday 7 May 2009

Surprise Me Swap for Unlimited Textiles


I have finished the 'surprise me' swap for Unlimited Textiles. It is a book cover. I have covered a sketch book with it which I hope my swap partner will find useful. I had a lot of fun making this.

I made fabric paper and dyed it with Koh-i-Noor and rubbed with treasure gold. I then embellished the paper with buttons, a charm, hand dyed scrim, machine sewing and hand stitching. I then made machined cords and added hand made beads. I hope my swap partner likes it.



8 comments:

TracyB said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the colors you used!

Heather said...

I think your swap partner will love this covered sketch book - the colours are my favourites and the textures gorgeous too. Thanks for visiting my blog - yes May is an expensive month but they are all worth it!

Kerin said...

This is amazing!! I love LOVE the texture and colors.

I found your site because I have an application pending for MixedMediaArt.ning.com with this as your blog.

If you didn't apply to join that group please let me know since I'm approving the membership now.

Thanks so much!!!

Kerin

Kim said...

I am sure your partner will love this... and if she doesn't, I will take it! It truly is lovely...

Val said...

Jan it is absolutely wonderful, and I can't thank you enough! The colours are gorgeous (the more you look the more you see) and the textures are so scrummy, the beads, the cords, the stitching ..... I will treasure it.

dot said...

The cover you made for Val is absolutely beautiful. Am hoping to see it in the flesh sometime when I meet with her.

JannArt said...

Thank you all for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments,

Margarita Korioth said...

The cover is absolutely beautiful,love the colors and textures. I'm doing a series of fabric paper quilts; just finished the first one.